Why should you join us?
Metro Systems does more than build and operate the best retail software in the world. It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. Our company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. We seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Metro Systems, it is about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
What we’re looking for?
- Planning, setup, documentation and maintenance of IBM AIX server systems
- Life-cycle and release management for Unix server systems and related hardware resp. software components
- Analyzing and solving performance problems and errors (including escalation process)
- Tuning the AIX environment including the applications
- Support and contact to hardware and software manufacturer
- Use of defined company processes (e.g. Demand- /Change-/ Incident & Problem Management)
- Leading and supporting projects in the area of system requirements
- Providing and evaluation of information concerning technical trends and deducing of appropriate activities
- Developing of processes, standards and architectures for the optimization of server operating
- Participation in on-call service (7x24)
- Participation in special operations within the scope of maintenance, e.g. at night or at weekend
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Profound knowledge of Unix operating system (AIX)
- Good knowledge of networks (TCP/IP, Firewall und SAN)
- Adept at high availability solutions (HACMP)
- Knowledge of script languages (ksh, Perl)
- Experience with virtualization of operating systems (LPAR)
- Experience with management tools for operating systems (CSM/HMC, NIM)
- Experience with application and database server systems (Oracle)
- IT Specialist System Integration or equivalent education in RO or lateral entrant with comparable qualification
What we offer?
- Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- Career programs
- Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch tickets
- Medical subscription and life insurance
- Private pension
- Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
- Good transport connections and free parking
- Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
- Free Bookster.ro account
- And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.