Digital Readiness stands for the capability of Metro to deliver outstanding digital solutions on a global scale instantaneously.
- You will be part of a distributed team of technical experts focused on developing the new METRO solution for managing master data information and supply chain flows. As a software development engineer you will develop full stack applications that will enable real-time access to reliable information for all facing channels. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide by METRO customers.
- Successful candidates will be innovative, passionate, flexible and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code.
- We know that geniuses are not born in one place, so we are ready to offer a generous relocation package that includes costs with the accommodation, luggage transport, personal transport and real estate assistance.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Has experience in developing large-scale distributed systems
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Will focus on lowering the time between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Fluency in Java acquired in 2+ years of development experience. Experience with Spring is highly desired.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience of working with "NoSQL" solutions such as Cassandra.
- Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes.
- Would be a plus if familiar with real-time data streaming and processing technologies like akka, Spark, Kafka.
- Have the ability to communicate with users and other technical teams.
- Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team.
- Have a good command of English.
For information about the processing of your personal data and your rights in this processing please visit our "data privacy for applicants".