METRO Customer Web is today the key communication digital touch point with more than 15 million monthly visits in 25 METRO countries. Our technology enables local digital marketers easier ways of personalization, testing, performance measurements and generation of customer insights. You will be part of a team of rock-star engineers focused on building tomorrow’s Metro Customer Web platforms that support and enable our business’s objectives.
Currently we’re looking for enthusiastic, dedicated, motivated colleagues who are familiar with Web technologies and who can help us bridge the gap between development and production as well as with the design and management of our web infrastructure.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Is comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Has a strong focus on business outcomes
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Will focus on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
The skills you'll need:
- At least 2 years of C# web development experience
- Knowledge about cloud technologies
- Good Microsoft and/or Linux OS skills
- Understanding of performance monitoring and tuning.
- Continuous integration/ delivery/ deployment
- Knowledge of web security and networking with a good understanding of protocols and services like TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, DNS, LDAP, Load balancing.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases (with a focus on MS SQL Server and MongoDB)
- Experience/knowledge of Content Management Systems or E-Commerce platforms will be a big plus;
You’re a great fit for us if you:
- Have the ability to communicate with users and other technical teams;
- Have experience with automation tools;
- Have experience with monitoring tools and practices;
- Have a good sense of humor;
- Are always thinking, “What happens if this fails?”.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team;
- Enjoy planning and running disruptive testing failure scenarios.
- Have a good command of English