Why should you join us?
We know that geniuses are not born in one place, so we are ready to offer a generous relocation package that includes costs with the accommodation, luggage transport, personal transport and real estate assistance. Digital Readiness stands for the capability of Metro to deliver outstanding digital solutions on a global scale instantaneously. Customer Data Management (CDM) is the fundament of the new Customer Master Data Management solution. You will be part of a distributed team of technical experts focused on developing the new Metro solution for managing customer information for multichannel services. As a software development engineer you will develop full stack applications that will enable real-time access to reliable customer information for all customer facing channels. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide by Metro customers. Successful candidates will be innovative, passionate, flexible and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code.
What we’re looking for?
- Has hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Has experience in developing large-scale distributed systems
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Will focus on lowering the time between having ideas and making stuff happen
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Fluency in Java acquired in 2+ years of development experience. Experience with Spring is highly desired.
- Scala knowledge
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience of working with “NoSQL” solutions such as Cassandra.
- Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes;
- Are familiar with real-time data streaming and processing technologies like akka, Spark, Kafka.
- Have the ability to communicate with users and other technical teams;
- Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive;
- Have a good sense of humor;
- Are always thinking, “What happens if this fails?”.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team;
- Have a good command of English.
What we offer?
- Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- Career programs
- Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch tickets
- Medical subscription and life insurance
- Private pension
- Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
- Good transport connections and free parking
- Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
- Free Bookster.ro account
- And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.
For information about the processing of your personal data and your rights in this processing please visit our "data privacy for applicants".